CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fried Egg Plant

I decided to make fried Eggplant as a side dish a while back, but I had no idea where to began since I never used eggplant before. Sure I have eaten it but never cooked with it until recently.
So I used Emeril Lagasse Recipe as a guideline more for frying temps and coating ideas.
What I Did:
1 eggplant cut
1 Cup white rice flour
1 cup soy flour
3 eggs slightly beaten
2 cups of bread crumbs (I used my Irish soda bread, no need to add extra salt into the bread crumbs!)
1/2 teaspoon salt



  1. Bowl 1 combine soy and rice flour with the salt
  2. Bowl two 3 eggs beaten
  3. Bowl 3 Bread crumbs
  4. Dredge the eggplant in the flour mix, then in the egg mix and press into the bread mix. Let the pieces sit on paper towels to get extra moisture out while you get all your eggplant coated.
  5. Fryer heat 1/2 inch veg oil to 375 degrees and fry 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
  6. Drain and enjoy, We had ours with Get Yo'Man Chicken from The Neely's (to die for! pictured below)


0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=7967660ef14be9af059faccfde7cee3e
 
ss_blog_claim=7967660ef14be9af059faccfde7cee3e