CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fabric Labels

I was searching for labels to sew into the clothing i make, when my hubby suggested I do the fallowing:
Why not use printer transfer paper and a roll of satin ribbon for labels?
I thought Brilliant because it will save me hundreds of dollars!
So I use an address label templet from my printing program. Place in the transfer paper for dark fabrics, and print.
The dark fabric transfer paper doesn't have to be mirrored or reversed image. you just cut and use the parchment paper to iron onto the 1"1/2 wide fabric ribbon.
I space them apart about 1/4 inch so I have space to cut and fold the edge to hand stich it into place. This keeps the edges from fraying or one could use the no frey solution or clear fabric glue let them dry then sew them into or onto your fabric items.
But this is a good way to label my works and dosent cost me an arm and leg.

0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=7967660ef14be9af059faccfde7cee3e
 
ss_blog_claim=7967660ef14be9af059faccfde7cee3e